§1: INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) In the following, we are informing you about the collection, usage and protection of your personal information on our website. Personal information includes all data that traces back to you as a user of our website. This can be, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, or user behavior, such as data about subpages called up by you.
(2) The following entity is responsible for data processing within the meaning of article 4 paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Ronneburger:Zumpf Rechtsanwälte PartG, Bozener Straße 21, 10825 Berlin, Germany. For further information, we refer to the Impressum (legal disclosure) of this website.
(3) If you contact us via email, we will store the included information (such as your email address, your name or any other information). The data generated in this context will be deleted by us after storage is no longer necessary. If there are legal storage obligations, we will be limiting the processing according to their requirements.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for the sake of individual functions of our website or if we intend to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the associated processes. Below, we will furthermore inform you about the defined criteria for the storage period of your personal information.
§2: Your rights
(1) You are entitled the following rights against the responsible party mentioned in § 1 paragraph 2 regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to access
- Right to correction or deletion
- Right to limitation of processing
- Right to object to the processing
- Right to data portability
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal information. In accordance with § 40 of the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (Federal Data Protection Law, BDSG), the Berlin data protection supervisory authority is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for Berlin. It can be reached via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
§3: Collection of personal information when visiting our website
(1) If you use our website for information purposes only, we will only collect the personal information your browser transmits to our server. Further personal data collection can result from embedded third-party programs (plug-ins). Please consider the notes below on how to customize the individual plugins. The information collected this way is stored in so-called “log files”. Those log files will not be merged or combined with any other sources of personal information.
(2) Use for information purposes only within the meaning of § 3 paragraph 1 means that you are not actively sharing information with us. If you are intending to view our website, we will collect the following information that is necessary for technical reasons to make our website viewable to you and to ensure its stability and security. Therefore, the legal basis of it is the protection of our legitimate interests in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of GDPR.
- IP address
- Data and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specifically visited page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Each transmitted amount of data
- Website from which the request comes
- Browser used for the call
- Used operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software used
(3) In addition to the aforementioned information, so-called cookies are stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the web browser you are using. They serve to ensure that certain information about your use of the website will be transmitted to the cookie-setting party, which is us in case of our website. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer harmful software to your computer. They solely serve to make our website more user-friendly and efficient for you.
(4) Usage of cookies:
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. In the following, we are going to explain their features and functionality:
- Transient cookies (section b)
- Persistent cookies (section c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically as soon as you close your web browser. Transient cookies especially include session cookies. Their purpose is to secure a so-called session ID that will assign multiple requests from your web browser to a unified session. This allows us to recognize your computer when returning to our website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer if you log out or close your web browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a time period determined by the cookie-setting party. This period may vary depending on the individual cookie. You can delete these cookies by yourself at any time using the security settings of your web browser.
d) You have the option of configuring your web browser to refuse the acceptance of either third party cookies or cookies in general. We would like to point out that if you are choosing to refuse the acceptance of cookies, specific functions of our website may not be usable at all, or limited in their usability.
§4: Transfer of personal information
(1) For the processing of your personal information we may make use of external service providers. If this is the case, all service providers will be selected and commissioned by us with great care. They will be bound to our instructions, as far as the processing of your information is concerned. Their regulatory compliance will be strictly monitored by us.
(2) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you separately about this circumstance and its consequences for you.
(3) Whenever personal information collected inside the European Union will be processed outside the EEA, this processing will happen on the basis of an agreement that includes the current EU standard contractual clauses to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
§5 Objection or revocation regarding the processing of your information
(1) If you have given us your consent to process your personal information, you can revoke this at any time. Such revocation affects the legitimacy of the processing of your personal information as soon as you declare the revocation to us.
(2) If the processing of your personal information is not based on your consent but on our legitimate interests, you have the possibility of objecting to the processing. This possibility exists if the processing of the data is not particularly necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, as it may be the case in the following description of the individual functions. According to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR, the objection is based on grounds arising from your particular situation. Therefore, if you decide to file an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons for it to us. In particular, we ask you to explain why we should not be processing your personal information the way we do. If you file and explain your objection, we will examine the situation thoroughly. Depending on the result, we will either cease or adapt our processing of your information to the appropriate extent or inform you of our compelling and legally protected reasons which allow us to continue with the processing of your personal information.
(3) You can object to the processing of your personal information for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. This is governed by Art. 21 para. 2 DSGVO. Among other options, for this objection you can also use the following contact data: Ronneburger:Zumpf Rechsanwälte PartG, Bozener Straße 21, 10825 Berlin, Germany, Email: email@example.com, phone: +49 30 814 862 90.
§6: Usage of Google Analytics
(1) The offer on this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google Analytics is used to investigate how you use our website in order to improve it and to make the user experience more pleasant for you.
(2) Google Analytics uses “cookies” for this purpose. These are text files that are stored on your computer. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website is usually transferred to and stored on a US-based server of Google. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address before it is processed to states that are not Member States of the European Union or part of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use the collected information to evaluate your use of our website for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with the use of the website.
(3) The IP address processed within the framework of Google Analytics and transmitted by your browser will not be merged or combined with other data.
(4) By choosing appropriate settings in your web browser you also have the option of preventing the storage of Google cookies. However, we would like to point out that in this case our website may be restricted in its function. Additionally, you can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie that relates to your use of our website, including the IP address transmitted to Google, and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(5) On our website, we use Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizelp()”. This shortens IP addresses according to the description above. It is therefore impossible to trace the IP address back to a specific person. If the information collected about you could be traced back to your person, this personal reference will be immediately made impossible, resulting in an immediate deletion of any personal information contained.
(6) We use Google Analytics to learn more about the use of our website and to improve your user experience. This is made possible by the statistics we gain. The legal basis for our use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest).
(8) Our website also uses Google Analytics for a device-independent analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out by creating a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account or by sending a message to the person responsible under the above contact data.
§7: Use of Google Maps
(1) The content of this website uses Google Maps API (“Google Maps”), a service of Google LLC (“Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Maps allows us to display interactive maps. For more information about using Google Maps, visit https://www.google.com/intl/de-DE_US/help/terms_maps.html
(2) We use Google Maps to improve the user experience on our website. The legal basis for our use of Google Maps is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest).
(3) When using the corresponding pages of our website, the user’s browser establishes a direct connection to Google’s servers. Google hereby receives the information that the IP address assigned to your Internet connection at this time has visited our website.
(4) If you are logged in to Google when viewing the content provided by Google Maps in your profile, it is possible for Google to assign the visit of our website to your Google profile. If you don’t want to, sign out of your Google Account.
(5) Further information on the general processing of data, its scope and purpose in the context of the use of Google Maps can be found in the data protection information of Google, available at the link https://support.google.com/maps#topic=3092425